The IKM-Manning Board of Education has hired the firm of Iowa Schoolhouse Construction and Planning Services to evaluate and plan for the future of all buildings in the district. The activities the firm will provide include and not limited to:
• Evaluate all attendance centers for their minimum and maximum student capacities and present use.
• Evaluate enrollment trends and projections for future enrollment.
• Review current school locations, potential building sites, and school district growth areas.
• Provide the district with recommendations, all relevant information and an Action Plan for future building use and possible new buildings.
• Conduct a minimum of four community wide discussions and planning sessions.
They have scheduled four stakeholder feedback meetings for Kirkman, Irwin, Manning and Manilla.
The first has been scheduled for 5:30 p.m. in the Kirkman Community Center on October 29th followed by another meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the Irwin Gym.
Stakeholders have the opportunity to meet on November 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Auditorium in Manning and on November 6th in the Old Gym in Manilla starting at 7:00 p.m.